Child Support Service
Our Child Support Program assists parents and carers of children to access the child support system. We work with you to set goals that promote the best interests and outcomes for you and your children. The service is available to residents in Victoria who are either paying or receiving child support payments.
The program is delivered in collaboration with the Springvale Monash Legal Service for access to legal support if required.
To receive phone advice or to make an appointment contact us on 03 9546 5255 or email@example.com
- Providing the knowledge and resources to make informed decisions in relation to child support
- Explaining the child support system including your rights and responsibilities
- Speaking with Services Australia (Child Support) and/or Centrelink on your behalf
- Accessing legal advice and putting in place strategies to improve your circumstances
Talk to us for assistance with the following:
- Applying for Child Support assessment
- Understanding a Notice of Assessment
- Exemption to claim for maintenance with Centrelink (eg. Family violence)
- Understanding how family payments from Centrelink can be affected by child support
- Communicating with Services Australia (Child Support) if you are behind in your payments, have had a change of care arrangements, have children with special needs, or had a change to your situation such as job loss.
We are also able to provide community education to promote a greater understanding of
child support entitlements and obligations and other post separation issues.