Access in-language support
SECL’s bi-cultural workers speak Burmese, Nuer and Dari and provide in-language health education workshops, health messaging and vaccination support across the local government areas of Dandenong, Casey and Cardinia.
Our bi-cultural workers can help you, your friends or family members with:
- Education about COVID-19 including information for parents of children aged 5-12 years who are eligible for vaccinations.
- Information about COVID-19 vaccinations, testing and safety.
- Assistance to organise your vaccinations including third doses which are available to everyone over the age of 16 years who have had their first two doses.
- Assistance to access digital certificates and set up MyGov accounts
Contact one of our bi-cultural workers if you need more help:
- Mary on 0412 672 830 (Tamil community – தமிழ்)
- Hussain on 0401 123 374 (Dari community – جامعه افغانستانی ها)
- Sar Pee on 0416 517 909 (Burmese community – မြန်မာလူထု)
- Peter on 0411 522 564 (Nuer community – Mat Naath)
SECL acknowledges funding from the Victorian Government under the Priority Response for Multicultural Communities During Coronavirus to support our bi-cultural worker activities.