Access in-language support
SECL’s bi-cultural workers speak Burmese, Nuer and Dari and provide in-language health education workshops, health messaging and vaccination support across the local government areas of Dandenong, Casey and Cardinia.
Our bi-cultural workers can help you, your friends or family members with:
- Education about COVID-19 including information for parents of children aged 5-12 years who are eligible for vaccinations.
- Information about COVID-19 vaccinations, testing and safety.
- Assistance to organise your vaccinations including third doses which are available to everyone over the age of 16 years who have had their first two doses.
- Assistance to access digital certificates and set up MyGov accounts
Contact one of our bi-cultural workers if you need more help:
- Mary on 0412 672 830 (Tamil community – தமிழ்)
- Hussain on 0401 123 374 (Dari community – جامعه افغانستانی ها)
- Sar Pee on 0416 517 909 (Burmese community – မြန်မာလူထု)
- Peter on 0411 522 564 (Nuer community – Mat Naath)
The Victorian Government also offers a range of translated materials on their website. You can also call the COVID-19 hotline on 1800 675 398 and press zero (0) for an interpreter.
SECL acknowledges funding from the Victorian Government under the Priority Response for Multicultural Communities During Coronavirus to support our bi-cultural worker activities.