Youth housing: building a secure future
Having a secure and affordable home can help set the foundation for a stable future.
If you are experiencing housing problems such as housing instability, housing affordability, inadequate housing conditions, eviction, overcrowding or homelessness, then our Youth Housing program can help.
Designed for young people aged 16 to 25 years, participants are supported to achieve their ideal housing situation, including support for transitional housing, finding and securing private rental housing, share-housing and public housing options.
Our team provide ongoing, individual case management services and will work with clients to understand your situation and provide the support you need. Interpreting services are also available.
Assistance is available in the following areas:
- Applications for accommodation in private rental properties, share-houses, rooming houses, women’s housing or supported accommodation for people with disabilities
- Applications for public housing
- Applications for bond loans
- Advocacy and information if you are having trouble paying rent
- Advocacy with real estate agents and landlords for repairs and rent agreements
- Advice and referrals to support services for areas including family violence, mental health, alcohol and drugs, legal and parenting support
- Advice and referrals to agencies who provide food vouchers, cover removalist costs and provide furniture