SECL Housing Program
If you are experiencing housing problems such as housing instability, housing affordability, inadequate housing conditions, eviction, overcrowding or homelessness, our team can help you.
We’ll provide Ongoing, One-On-One Case Management to help you find a stable future.
A member of our housing team will interview you about your situation, so we can provide the support you need.
Eligibility is for participants between 17-24 years.
We can use Interpreting Services in all languages to communicate with you.
Depending on your situation, we might be able to assist you in the following areas:
- Assistance and advice about Applications for Accommodation in private rental properties, share houses, rooming houses, women’s housing or supported accommodation (for people with disabilities). We run a Housing Club as a way of supporting private rental applications.
- Public Housing Application – we can submit, revise or follow up on an application
- Tenancy Rights and Responsibilities – provide advice and advocacy
- Bond Loan Applications – we can help you apply for a Bond Loan
- If you are having trouble Paying Rent we can provide advocacy and information
- Negotiate with Real Estate Agents and Landlords about repairs and rent agreements
- Advice and Referrals to Family Violence Services, Mental Health Services, Alcohol and Other Drugs Services, Legal Services, Community Groups, Parenting and Life Skills Groups, Referrals to agencies that may provide food vouchers, cover removalist costs and provide furniture
- Employment, Education and Training support and pathways planning, such as resume writing, job interview skills, advice about course enrolment and referrals to education and employment service providers.
For Housing Information during COVID19, follow this link: Click Here