The Annual Report highlights our journey to strengthen and build trusted community links, helping
community members overcome hardships and create better futures for themselves and their
This year SECL’s work reached 25,000 community members and their children, positively impacting
their lives through essential services and support. Some of the key highlights include:
- $1 million in food parcels, food vouchers, transportation, and mobile phones for 10,000
individuals and families experiencing financial crises.
- 400 clients supported with services and referrals related to family violence and 200 women
and girls engaging in family violence prevention workshops.
- $7,293,947 of client debt resolved through financial counselling.
- 200+ young people engaged in our programs
- 38% increase in clients from Afghanistan
Read our Annual Report for more information about our progress and outcomes.
SECL’s 2022 Annual General Meeting was held on Tuesday 18 October. A recording of the meeting is
available. Deborah Remfry and Mariam Ritchie were re-elected to the board. Andrea Shepherd was
elected as the Staff Representative and Rachna Madaan-Bowman has transitioned from Staff
Representative to Director.