- Low levels of English literacy
- Lack of language support provided at existing digital literacy programs
- Lack of digital literacy – 98% rated their skills as poor
- Women who are newly arrived feeling isolated and disconnected
- 84% of participants felt more confident about using a computer or laptop
- 65 % of participants said they had a better understanding of library services
- 78% of participants rated their digital literacy skills as good
Enhanced feelings of connection
The post evaluations found that 100% of participants stated they felt more connected to other women in the community due to their participation in the program and the library’s services.
Increased confidence using digital devices
felt more confident.
Additional financial resources
SECL was successful in obtaining a grant of $10,000 from the City of Casey to support women to pruchase laptops. SECL substitutes part of cost of the laptop
through this grant.